Welcome



From time to time I write here about my photographic activities. If you would like to receive an e-mail if there is a new record, you can register or log off here.

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Ladakh

I have travelled to Ladakh last July. In the middle of the Himalaya Ladakh is a part of India and lies between China and Pakistan. With driver, guide and a cook I have moved with a four by four vehicle and by foot between 3000 and 5400 meters above sea-level (9000 to 16200 feet). A lovely, meagre landscape with oases irrigated artificially in the Indus Valley and a w i de l an dscape on the plateau. Besides the visit of the Tibetan cloisters in this Indus Valley it was at highlight to stay with nomades for some days.
I have made two photobooks o f this journey . They are online now and can be looked at on my home page.
 
click to view

click to view

Canada
My journey to Canada, to take photographs of polar bears, was a great success. We could approach the bears by walking as close as approximately 25 metres (75 feet), occasionally they walked by as close as 8 metres (24 feet) ! At temperatures around freezing point (however icy arctic wind) I was able to take lovely, idyllic photgraphs. A quite terrific, impressive experience.


More in the next newsletter.

No comments:

Post a Comment